- Since Sept. 2021: Maître de conférences (lecturer) at Université Paris-Est Créteil, with teaching duties at EPISEN, and research activities with the LACL.
- Oct. 2018 - Aug 2021: Research Associate in University College London with David Pym, PPLV group.
- Jan. 2017 - Sept. 2018: Research Associate in University College London with Alexandra Silva, PPLV group.
- Oct. - Dec. 2016: Reseach Assistant in CNRS - ÉNS de Lyon with Damien Pous, Plume team.
- Sept. 2013 - Sept. 2016: PhD Student with Teaching duties in Université Lyon 1 with Damien Pous, Plume team.
- Engineering track in ÉPISEN
- coordinator of the students’ personal projects
- coordinator of the students’ seminars
- Master program in ÉPISEN
- Computability and complexity (since 2022)
- Engineering of information systems (since 2021)
- Multidimensional databases (since 2021)
- MEng/BSc Computer Science, University College London
- Computability and Complexity Theory – problem classes (2017-2019)
- Master program in ÉNS de Lyon
- Semantics and Verification – exercises (2016)
- Master program in UCB Lyon 1
- Calculability and complexity – exercises (2014-2015)
- Bachelor degree in UCB Lyon 1
- Industrial Internship – reports (2014-2016)
- Theory of formal languages – exercises & project (2013-2015)
- Classical logic – exercises & project (2014-2015)
- Numeric Algorithms – exercises (2013)
- Algorithmics and Imperative programming – exercises & programming (2013-2014)
- PC member : WoLLIC 2021, CONCUR 2021.
- Workshops & Conferences : FSTTCS 2014, MFCS (2014, 2017), EXPRESS/SOS 2015, JFLA 2015, FoSSaCS (2016, 2018), ICALP (2016, 2017, 2019), ICFP 2017, Petri Nets 2017, CPP 2018, FORTE 2018, LiCS 2018, CSR 2019, CONCUR 2019, FSCD 2019, ESOP 2020.
- Journals : Journal of Logical and Algebraic Methods in Programming (Elsevier), International Journal on Software and Systems Modeling (Springer), IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing, ACM Transactions on Programming Languages and Systems
- 2016, PhD in Computer Science (UCB Lyon 1 and ÉNS de Lyon)
thesis entitled “Relation Algebras, from algorithms to formal proofs”, under the direction of Damien Pous.
- 2013, Master Parisien de Recherche en Informatique (Université Paris VII Diderot)
Logics, Semantics, Automata Theory, λ-calculus, Categories, Functional Programming. Summa Cum Laude
- 2009, Licence d’Informatique (ÉNS de Cachan, antenne de Bretagne, Rennes)
Logics, Algorithmics and Computer Science Foundations.
- 2005, Baccalauréat Scientifique option Physique (Lycée Jean Prévost, Montivilliers)
Mathematics, Physics and Biology. Summa Cum Laude
- 2013: Relation algebras, automata and regular expressions
in École Normale Supérieure de Lyon (Lyon)
supervised by Damien Pous in the team Plume
- 2012: Categorical study of the exponential in Linear Logic
in University Paris VII Diderot (Paris)
supervised by Paul-André Melliès
- 2011: Functional Minimalist Grammars
in University of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
supervised by Gregory M. Kobele
- 2009: Relevance of linear logic for composing semantic representations in simply typed λ-calculus
in Laboratoire Bordelais de Recherche en Informatique (Bordeaux)
supervised by Christian Retoré and Lionel Clément in the team Signes
- 2008: Proof to help programming
in INRIA Saclay Île de France (Saclay)
supervised by Sylvie Boldo in the team Proval
- Journal papers
- T. Kappé, P. Brunet, B. Luttik, A. Silva, and F. Zanasi, “Equivalence checking for weak bi-Kleene algebra,” Logical Methods in Computer Science, vol. 17, no. 3, 2021.
- T. Kappé, P. Brunet, B. Luttik, A. Silva, and F. Zanasi, “On series-parallel pomset languages: Rationality, context-freeness and automata,” Journal of Logical and Algebraic Methods in Programming, vol. 103, pp. 130 - 153, 2019.
- P. Brunet and D. Pous, “Petri Automata”, Logical Methods in Computer Science, vol. 13, no. 3, 2017.
- P. Brunet and D. Pous, “Algorithms for Kleene algebra with converse”, Journal of Logical and Algebraic Methods in Programming, vol. 85, no. 4, pp. 574–594, 2016.
- Conference Papers
- J. Brotherston, P. Brunet, N. Gorogiannis, and M. Kanovich, “A Compositional Deadlock Detector for Android Java,” in ASE, IEEE, 2021.
- P. Brunet, “A Complete Axiomatisation of a Fragment of Language Algebra,” in CSL, LIPIcs, 2020.
- J. Wagemaker, P. Brunet, S. Docherty, T. Kappé, J. Rot, and A. Silva, “Partially Observable Concurrent Kleene Algebra,” in CONCUR, LIPIcs, 2020.
- P. Brunet and D. Pym, “Pomsets with Boxes: Protection, Separation, and Locality in Concurrent Kleene Algebra,” in FSCD, LIPIcs, 2020.
- T. Kappé, P. Brunet, A. Silva, J. Wagemaker, and F. Zanasi, “Concurrent Kleene Algebra with Observations: From Hypotheses to Completeness,” FoSSaCS, Springer, 2020.
- P. Brunet, “A complete axiomatisation of a fragment of language algebra,” in CSL, LIPIcs, 2020.
- T. Kappé, P. Brunet, J. Rot, A. Silva, J. Wagemaker, and F. Zanasi, “Kleene Algebra with Observations,” in CONCUR, LIPIcs, 2019.
- P. Brunet and A. Silva, “A Kleene theorem for nominal automata,” in ICALP, LIPIcs, 2019.
- T. Kappé, P. Brunet, A. Silva, and F. Zanasi, “Concurrent Kleene Algebra: Free Model and Completeness,” in ESOP, Springer, 2018.
- T. Kappé, P. Brunet, B. Luttik, A. Silva, and F. Zanasi, “Brzozowski goes concurrent - a Kleene theorem for pomset languages,” in CONCUR, LIPIcs, 2017.
- P. Brunet, D. Pous, and G. Struth, “On decidability of concurrent Kleene algebra,” in CONCUR, LIPIcs, 2017.
- P. Brunet, “Reversible Kleene lattices,” in MFCS, LIPIcs, 2017.
- P. Brunet, D. Pous, and I. Stucke, “Cardinalities of Finite Relations in Coq,” in ITP, Springer, 2016.
- P. Brunet and D. Pous, “A Formal Exploration of Nominal Kleene Algebra,” in MFCS, LIPIcs, 2016.
- P. Brunet and D. Pous, “Decidability of Identity-free Relational Kleene Lattices,” in JFLA, 2015.
- P. Brunet and D. Pous, “Petri Automata for Kleene Allegories,” in LICS, IEEE, 2015.
- P. Brunet and D. Pous, “Kleene Algebra with Converse,” in RAMICS, Springer, 2014.
Talks without published proceedings
- Observations and locality in distributed processes
- March 2021, IRIS Day O’Science online – London
- Recent developments in concurrent Kleene algebra
- December 2021, seminar at LACL – Créteil
- October 2021, JetBrains Research – St Petersburg (remote talk)
- April 2021, ACADIE seminar at ENSEEIHT – Toulouse
- April 2021, MAREL seminar at LIRMM – Montpellier
- March 2021, LOVE seminar at LIPN – Paris
- January 2021, LIRICA seminar at LIS – Marseille
- December 2020, IRIS Day O’Science online – London
- June 2020, PPS seminar at IRIF – Paris
- Pomsets with boxes: towards Atomic CKA
- September 2019, Highlights – Warsaw
- Bracket Algebra
- May 2019, PPLV Seminar - UCL – London
- March 2019, IRIS Day O’Science – London
- September 2018, Highlights – Berlin
- Pomset languages and concurrent Kleene algebras
- February 2018, Theory seminar - QMU – London
- November 2017, Séminaire automates – Paris
- The equational theory of algebras of languages
- September 2017, Highlights – London
- August 2017, BLAST – Nashville
- May 2017, RAMiCS – Lyon
- April 2017, PPLV Seminar - UCL – London
- The equational theory of positive relation algebra
- March 2017, Move seminar – Marseille
- November 2016, PACE meeting – Shanghai
- A Kleene theorem for Petri automata
- September 2016, Highlights – Brussels
- Algèbres de Kleene : entre sémantique des programmes et automatisation des mathématiques
- May 2016, Inter’Actions en Mathématiques – Lyon
- Petri automata for Kleene allegories
- June 2015, Rapido meeting – Paris
- April 2015, Midlands Graduate School – Sheffield
- Decidability of identity-free Kleene lattices
- November 2014, LAC meeting – Chambéry
- Deciding Kleene algebra with converse is PSpace-complete
- March 2014, GeoCal meeting – Bordeaux
- February 2014, Pace meeting – Lyon